Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Colors of Main Street, USA, Disneyland (west side)

I was working on a project having to do with a simplified, illustrated version of Main Street, USA, at Disneyland. So as part of my marathon training, I ran to Disneyland (2.25 miles) with my iPhone, paused my Nike+ app and entered the park to take some pictures of Main Street. After jogging home, I pulled out the colors of each section for the project. Then I thought it would be pretty cool to have a swatch-based piece for fun. So I started a completely different project!

Keep in mind that it's an iPhone and a cloudy day. So in no way should this be considered a replication of the exact colors. Total approximation here, folks. The top image is the southwest portion, the bottom the northwest.

The amount of each swatch is based on the percentage of that color that my eye sees when I go a little cross-eyed and blurry. I probably should have had an adult beverage; it might have improved my accuracy.





2 comments:

  1. I think Novelties and Souveniers would work well wen we paint the bedroom. Ha!!!! That's a funny (or awesome!) "theme" for a bedroom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Great decorating theme because ANYTHING could work. ;)

    ReplyDelete