Saturday, July 10, 2010

Better Homes and Gardens Candy Cane Wreath

Every year I attempt one Christmas project.  And when I saw this, I had to do it!  It's from Better Homes and Gardens.

I made three total.  Sadly, the creatures were stirring.  Not the mouse, but a thousand million ants.  But I learned my lesson.  With the first, I coated it with the clear matte finish after it was done.  Well, that left a lot of uncovered, sugary goodness.  And I guess ants like that kind of thing.  With the second and third, I coated those puppies after every layer.  And then added more.  And then some more.  To store them, I wrapped them in saran wrap, sprayed a bit of ant spray over the wrap, and then bagged them.  They're in the storage unit right now.  I'll know if it held December 1.




No comments:

Post a Comment