Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Not the Ace of Cakes

Our friend Shane was moving away and we wanted to throw him a going-away party.  But our friends Chris and Kevin were having birthdays at the same time.  And it was Christmas.  So what to do? Throw a Holiday/Going Away/Birthday Bash all at the same time since we're such gluttons for punishment incredible friends.

If that were not enough, I had this wonderful addlebrained idea to make each honoree a personalized cake. I started in Illustrator and designed the graphics.
I printed several copies of these so that I could cut them out to use as patterns for the fondant.  The hardest part was deciding which layers go where.  Having never worked with fondant before, I found it pretty easy to cut and sculpt.




I also threw everything together in Illustrator to make an invitation to show off send out.



No comments:

Post a Comment